Over The Course Of This 90-minute Cruise
Join us aboard the Summer of George for an introduction to Chicago’s structure and the stories of the Windy City that you will not find on some other boat tour.Over the course of this 90-minute cruise, Field Agent and historian Adam Selzer will regale us with curious and hidden tales of urban architecture as we weave by way of the waterways overlooking Chicago’s incomparable skyline and lakefront.
Besides the basics of art deco, neo-classicalism, and “what to search for when you are looking at structure,” you’ll also hear about unsolved mysteries, hidden passages, criminal exercise, urban legends, and more! Refreshments might be out there onboard.
About Our Ship
The Summer of George is a yacht that departs from Bertrand Goldberg’s River City Marina (900 S Wells). It features seating with spectacular views on the top deck, and a totally functioning cash bar with drinks and snacks on the lower deck.
About Our Guide
Adam Selzer has been a historian and tour information in town for over a decade, with over 2,000 ghost tours and several hundred architectural boat tours to his credit score. He is the creator of Mysterious Chicago, H.H. Holmes: The True History of the White City Devil, The Ghosts of Chicago, and several other extra critically acclaimed books, along with an upcoming authorized “Who’s Who” guide on Graceland Cemetery. He has appeared in several several documentaries and Tv reveals, akin to Scary Stories, American Ripper, Mysteries at the Museum and Monumental Mysteries, and his research has been featured in the Chicago Tribune, Rolling Stone, The brand new York Times, Washington Post, and extra. His tours are utterly hilarious, ridiculously informative, and endlessly fascinating.
– The Harrison Red Line stop is a few 10-minute stroll away from the marina; you may as well find the 22 Clark Street Bus Stop at Clark and Polk not far away.
– Parking is accessible for about $8-10 in the lot next to the River City Marina with the ParkMobile app (zone 5811) or with money. With credit cards you possibly can park proper within the River City storage. Street parking is pretty simple to find close by, as effectively. Check SpotHero for different close by tons.
– Please notice that the parking lot and dock could be troublesome terrain for wheelchairs.
Arrive between 7:15 – 7:30 p.m. for boarding; the boat leaves promptly at 7:30 p.m. and cannot look forward to latecomers.
– The occasion will run rain or shine (or fog or shine!).
– Upstairs outside seating and indoor temperature managed seating is accessible.
– Accessibility is restricted; the boat can settle for strollers/wheelchairs however there are a few steps to board/disembark the boat and upstairs seating/under deck restrooms are only accessible by way of stairs.
Email Adam Selzer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago e-newsletter and be part of our Facebook Group for a primary glimpse at upcoming events.